Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jan 2nd 2011

Well, here we are already the second day of the New Year. Its very quiet and peaceful where I am and the weather (for this part of S Africa) is a bit unusual. Instead of the very hot sunshine we had at the end of 2010, its cool and drizzly - perfect for the parched garden and for staying indoors. If I were alone in the house, I would be looking for beautiful girly clothes to try on but I'm not and so can only dream about it.
New Years Eve was spent at a small party given by some friends at their home - only 17 attending. My eye was taken by one of the guests - a beautiful divorcee aged about 40 who was visiting her relatives in S Africa but who lives in San Francisco. She is a professional violinist there and we chatted about music because I play in an amateur wind orchestra - as you can see from my Flickr pics one of which is here:-.

I was quite smitten by her so it was enjoyable to chat and in my mind I could fantasise playing in an orchestra looking like her. I wonder what she would have said had she known what I was thinking !

No comments:

Post a Comment