Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dec 22nd

Its a while since I began to blog but I have an excuse - my daughters wedding last Thursday. Things have been quite hectic, as you can imagine and we have had a house-full of relatives from overseas staying here. They have mostly left now but an aftermath is that my wife and I have developed the rather nasty cold that some of them brought with them from a frozen Europe. Returning to the UK has also not been plain sailing for the visitors because Heathrow airport in London had major disruptions due to the extremely cold weather.
The wedding was a great success though, and we were complimented by all the guests on a splendid party.
After it was all over and my daughter and her new husband had gone on honeymoon, her wedding dress (which I had bought for her)was left at my house and so, while everyone was out, the other evening, I took the opportunity of seeing if I could wear it. With minimum time available and no chance to get out any jewellery or shoes, I applied a basic make-up and my latest hair style and took a few pictures. They have been posted on Flickr and elicited an amazing response

No comments:

Post a Comment